Vanilla. PDF Labs acts as a personal data controller. Therefore, we are required to provide you with a wide range of information on how it handles your data. If you have more questions or would like to exercise your rights in matters of personal data processing, please contact Vanilla. PDF Labs on:
Electronic contact: GDPR@vanillapdf.com
Written contact: Vanilla. PDF Labs s. r. o., Jesenského 194/12, 811 02 Bratislava, Slovakia
What personal data do we process?
Persons who have entered into a license or other agreement with us
In the case that you have entered into a license or other agreement with us, on the basis of which you use Vanilla. PDF Labs software products, we process the following categories of personal data that you notified us when concluding contracts:
- Identification data (name and surname in case of natural entity; company name, company identification number, tax identification number and/or VAT identification number in case of legal entity, ID created by us, which we will assign to you),
- Address details (in particular the address of your place of residence or place of business, region, your e-mail address, telephone number and, when applicable, the address of your website),
- Descriptive data (especially academic degree by name)
End users of our products
If you are and end user of any of our products (i.e., if you use it in your work), we process the following categories of personal data that you have provided to us:
- Identification data (name and surname)
- Address details (in particular the address of the place of permanent residence or place of permanent residence abroad, e-mail address)
- Descriptive data (especially job classification, academic degree)
- Network identifiers sent to the activation server for license verification.
Source of personal data
Vanilla. PDF Labs collect personal data directly from you if you are a person who has entered into a license or other agreement with us.
The source of end users´ personal data may be, in particular:
- The employers of those end users; or
- Our business partners who have arranged for you or your employer to enter into a license or other agreement with us and, if applicable to help you register the software product you are currently using.
Legal basis of personal data processing, method, and purpose of processing
Vanilla. PDF Labs is entitled to process your personal data without your consent:
- To the extent necessary for the performance of a license or other agreement concluded with you,
- To the extent necessary to fulfil the legal obligation imposed on us by the law,
- To the extent necessary to communicate with our users,
- To the extent necessary to protect our legitimate interests – direct marketing,
- To the extent necessary to protect our legitimate interests – license validation.
Processing for the performance of the contract, you have entered into with us
Vanilla. PDF Labs process personal data for the purpose of concluding and fulfilling a license or other agreement that you have concluded with us in accordance with Article 6(1)(b) Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR”).
Processing to fulfil a legal obligation imposed on us by law
Vanilla. PDF Labs process personal data for the purpose of fulfilling its legal obligations, in accordance with Article 6(1)(c) GDPR.
Our legitimate interests for the purpose of communication with our users
If you are an end user acting as a licensee´s representative, typically if you are an employee of the licensee and act as a contact person for license agreements or a member of a statutory body, we process your personal data to communicate with the licensee or to communication with you, usually regarding the conclusion of a contract with the licensee, the fulfilment of our contractual obligations and in matters of customer support, especially in resolving any complaints or requests. Such processing of personal data is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests within the meaning of Article 6(1)(f) GDPR, because otherwise we would not be able to meet our contractual obligations to the licensees of our software products.
Our legitimate interests in direct marketing
We may send business information to your e-mail address provided to us in connection with the registration of the software product, but only with the offer of our related products and services. You can revoke such consent at any time using the button in the sent e-mail or through the administration interface of your user account, free of charge and without any sanctions. We consider this necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests.
Our legitimate interests in license validation
In order to verify the validity of your license, we send network identifiers to our activation server. This is necessary in order to have a legitimate interest in protecting our intellectual property.
Vanilla. PDF Labs process your personal data on the basis of your consent to the processing of personal data:
- In the case of consent to the processing of personal data,
More information about how Vanilla. PDF Labs handle cookies can be found under our Cookies policy.
Time of storage of personal data
Vanilla. PDF Labs store your personal data only for the necessary time and archive it according to the legal deadlines imposed by law.
Vanilla. PDF Labs process personal data for the duration of a contractual relationship or other legal title that allows us to process your personal data. This means that we have strict internal rules in place that verify the lawfulness of the retention of personal data, and we do not store personal data for longer than we are entitled to. After the loss of a legal reason, we delete the relevant personal data, provided that we have no other legal reason for their processing or consent to the processing.
The storage period of the personal data that Vanilla. PDF Labs process with your consent is 5 years from the date you give your consent or until you revoke it. If you become client of Vanilla. PDF Labs, this period will be extended for the duration of contract.
To whom we provide your personal data
Unless otherwise stated below, Vanilla. PDF Labs do not provide or make your personal data available to anyone, nor do Vanilla.PDF Labs use the services of external personal data intermediaries, which Vanilla. PDF Labs store for the time strictly necessary on Vanilla. PDF Labs servers.
The personal data you enter through the registration forms located on Vanilla. PDF Labs website are stored on the servers of Vanilla. PDF Labs.
The Vanilla. PDF Labs website and related online services use so-called cookies. Vanilla. PDF Labs uses this data for the smooth operation of the website, for the purposes of statistical evaluation of website traffic and measuring the effectiveness of advertising. In this context, Vanilla. PDF Labs passes them on to an external processor, namely the statistical service Google Analytics and the advertising services Google Ads. Their operation complies with European standards for the protection of personal data.
Transfer of personal data to third countries
Vanilla.PDF Labs processes personal data in the Slovak Republic or in EU member states. Vanilla. PDF Labs do not transfer personal data to third countries outside the EU.
Your rights regarding the processing of personal data
Vanilla. PDF Labs processes your personal data in a fair and transparent manner, in accordance with legal regulations. Vanilla. PDF Labs also list your rights that have arisen in connection with the processing your personal data.
- Right of access to personal data
- You have the right to access personal data concerning you as a so-called the person concerned. You also have the right to obtain confirmation from Vanilla. PDF Labs whether or not the personal data concerning you are processed and, if so, you have the right to request a copy of this personal data.
- Right to correct personal data
- If you believe that the personal data Vanilla. PDF Labs processes about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to ask Vanilla. PDF Labs to correct or supplement it.
- Right of erasure (“right to forget”)
- You have the right to request that Vanilla. PDF Labs deletes personal data concerning you without undue delay, provided that any of the following reasons apply:
- Personal data are no longer needed for the purposes for which they were collected or processed,
- You have revoked the consent you have given based on which the personal data have been processed and at the same time there is no other legal reason for the processing (e.g. obligation of Vanilla. PDF Labs to process this personal data in the manner imposed on them by law),
- You have raised objections to the processing and it has become apparent that there are no sufficient legitimate interests on Vanilla. PDF Labs part for which it has the right to process this personal data,
- Personal data must be deleted in order to comply with a legal obligation that applies to Vanilla. PDF Labs,
- Personal data have been collected in connection with the offer of information society services pursuant to Article 8(1) GDPR.
- Right to restrict processing
- You have the right to restrict processing in any of the following cases:
- If you challenge the accuracy of personal data (in this case, Vanilla. PDF Labs recommend that you exercise the right to correct them in accordance with point b)),
- Processing is illegal, but you refuse to delete such personal data,
- If you ask Vanilla. PDF Labs, it may process your selected personal data even if they are no longer needed for the purpose for which you provided them to Vanilla. PDF Labs (e.g. in connection with a claim to the court to which you need the processed personal data),
- If you object to the processing and it is not clear whether Vanilla. PDF Labs´ legitimate interest outweighs your legitimate interest.
- Right to object to the processing of personal data concerning you
- You have the right to object to the processing of personal data concerning you, if Vanilla. PDF Labs process personal data on the basis of Article 6(1)(f) GDPR, i.e. due to our legitimate interests. This is how Vanilla. PDF Labs justify the processing of your personal data in connection with communication, direct marketing and license validation.
- Right to the transfer of personal data
- You have the right to obtain personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, where applicable, the right to transfer this data to another entity without Vanilla. PDF Labs preventing you from doing so.
- You also have the right to ask Vanilla. PDF Labs to transfer your personal data to another entity acting in the role of so-called “controller of the personal data”, if technically possible.
- Right to revoke consent to the processing of personal data
- If you have given Vanilla. PDF Labs consent to the processing of personal data for purposes that require such consent; you have the right to revoke this consent at any time.
- Right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of personal data is in breach of the law. You can make a complaint to the supervisory authority, which is:
Úrad pre ochranu osobných údajov Slovenskej republiky
(Office for Personal Data Protection of the Slovak Republic)
820 07 Bratislava, Slovakia
How to exercise the right stipulated above
Please note that for the purpose of verifying your identity, we will take into account the request you have:
- Sent by registered letter; or
- Sent from an e-mail address that is registered directly with you for the user account.
To exercise your right of erasure (delete data) or the right to the transfer of personal data (download data), you may also use the button available in your user account interface.
Please note that you will be asked to provide additional information (e.g. your customer ID) to verify such request.
In case of reasonable doubts about the identity of the applicant, Vanilla. PDF Labs is according to Article 12 (6) GDPR entitled to request the provision of additional information necessary to confirm the identity of the applicant. Vanilla. PDF Labs has implemented a measure to verify the identity of the applicant in order to increase the security of all their customers, in order to prevent the risk of personal data being disclosed to an unauthorized person. This also protects your personal data.
In your request, objection or other submission concerning your rights to personal data protection, please state the following:
- Your identity and the licensee of the software product;
- Specify which right you want to exercise.
Vanilla. PDF Labs will respond to your requests, objections and other submissions as quickly as possible, and no later than one month from the delivery of your request, will inform you of the measures taken or why Vanilla. PDF Labs did not comply with your request or objection. Under certain circumstances Vanilla. PDF Labs can extend this period by up to two months. You will be informed about the postponement and the reasons for such action within the first month.
If Vanilla. PDF Labs does not comply with your request; you will be informed about the reason why fulfilment of your request is not possible. If you still do not agree with Vanilla. PDF Labs decision, you have the right to complain to the supervisory authority. The supervisory authority is the Office for Personal Data Protection of the Slovak Republic.
Information on how your personal data is processed is provided free of charge. Procession of your requests, submissions and objections is also free of charge. However, Vanilla. PDF Labs is entitled according to Article 12(5) GDPR to impose a reasonable fee, taking into account the administrative costs associated with providing the required information or notifications or performing the required actions, but only if the request is manifestly unfounded or disproportionate, especially in the case of repeated requests. In these cases, Vanilla. PDF Labs is entitled to refuse to comply with the request.